to Original Sprout, the Gold Standard in consumer protection! Our luxurious formulations are European Union, Prop 65, California's Safe Cosmetics Act & Japan Compliant. Original Sprout has the highest standard in consumer protection. Europe & California have banned over 1,500 endocrine disrupting & carcinogenic ingredients from cosmetics. Learn more at: California Safe Cosmetics Act
Founded by Inga Tritt, master stylist and mother. Parents & stylists trust the formulations because they work without carcinogens & common offenders found in other products.
Worry Free Luxury
means no natural or synthetic ingredients associated with estrogen enhancement, hormone disruption, cancer & autism such as: Lavender or Tea Tree Oils, Clove, Soy, Phthalates, Dioxanes from Sulfates, Parabens, Formaldehyde, Propylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Acetaldehydes, Styrene, Toluene, Glycol Ethers, Ethylene Oxide, Musks, Nonylphenol, Mineral or Petroleum Oils, Triclosan, Eurethane, 1-2 Propylene Oxide, Placenta or Synthetic Colors.
Full compliance with the European Union Initiative:
The E.U. & Japan have the Gold Standard in consumer protection, banning over 1,500 endocrine disrupting, mutanogenic & carcinogenic cosmetic ingredients.
is Made in California! This means the Best Consumer Protection.
Only California has the Safe Cosmetics Program & Prop 65.
Full Label Disclosure:
Original Sprout imports worldwide listing all ingredients ensuring full label disclosure.
PETA We are against animal testing of any kind. All products are vegetarian & vegan.
Honey Free: All products are free of insect attractors such as honey & soda fragrances.
No Lavender or Tea Tree Oils:
Due to recent scientific findings Original Sprout does not use lavender or tea tree oil in their products. Scientists discovered that gynecomastia, a condition in which boys develop breasts, is caused by using potential estrogen enhancers such as as tea tree oil and lavender.
Eco-Friendly: Original Sprout is Made in California & Does Not Use Extra Energy on Heating or Air Conditioning. No Extra Plastic or Packaging (Boxes/ Clam Shells) are Used. Recyclable Shipping Boxes and Bottles/Tubes are Standard & Made in California. Biodiesel is used in Company Cars. Easy-Rinse Biodegradable Products means Less Water Usage. Original Sprout Recycles Bottles, Paper, Plastic & Cardboard.
We invite you to explore the ingredients listed below. We embrace Full Disclosure of our ingredients as our duty to our customers, and we are proud to help impart the benefits of our all-natural ingredients, as well as the dangers of some common skin and hair product ingredients that should never touch your family.
- Aloe barbadensis gel
- is a powerful moisturizer, which penetrates the skin supplying moisture directly to the tissues. It is renowned for it's soothing and calming effect on burns. Aloe improves skin tone and color by increasing the blood flow to the areas of application. It reduces skin redness, and displays a synergistic effect with the other anti-inflammatory ingredients used in our products.close
- Alpha Lipoic acid
- is an antioxidant for our nourishing hair and skin care products. This effective antioxidant is especially beneficial due to its unique ability to help provide cell protection. Alpha lipoic acid provides a dual benefit in that it is able to regenerate other antioxidants, such as Vitamins C and E.close
- Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil
- otherwise known as Kukui Nut Oil is cold pressed from the fruits of Kukui Nut, Aleurites moluccana. The oil contains high levels of polyunsaturated fatty acids and is a high quality cosmetic oil used in skin and hair preparations.close
- Ascorbyl palmitate
- is used in our formulations to provide antioxidant benefits of Vitamin C. In our formulations it acts with tocopherols (natural source Vitamin E), lecithin and hydrogenated palm glycerides citrate.close
- Apricot Kernel Oil
- (Prunus Armeniaca) is smooth and lightweight, high in Vitamin A and minerals. Apricot Kernel Oil has an excellent texture that is great for all skin types, but preferred by many practitioners for the benefits that it renders for sensitive, dry or easily irritated skin types. It may also be used as a cosmetic ingredient for softening and moisturizing. This cold-pressed, 100% pure food grade oil is also excellent used as a salad dressing and dietary oil.close
- (purified water) is a highly purified pharmaceutical grade of water (purified to the new BP 2000 standard). The inclusion of such pure water enables us to use very safe, low levels of antimicrobial ingredients in our formulationsclose
- Organic Basil
- tulsi is an aromatic herb found everywhere in India. It is the most worshipped plant in Hindu culture. This herb contains such a chemical composition that no mosquitoes and flies can come near the plant because of its peculiar odor. Thereby by planting tulsi in courtyard keeps our home safe from any diseases caused by these organisms. It is commonly known as holy basil and has anti bacterial and anti parasitic properties. Plant parts used are leaves, flower, seeds and root. It is being used in variety of herbal ayurvedic formulations.close
- Behentrimonium methosulfate
- is the mildest hair-detangling ingredient available. It is made from non-genetically modified rapeseed oil. This scientifically sophisticated ingredient is renowned for its superior detangling ability, without causing build-up on the hair. Unlike other hair detanglers, which are known for their irritancy, behentrimonium methosulfate is extremely mild, being recommended for use in baby products which are left on the skin. It is superior in effectiveness and mildness to it's commonly used cheaper cousin, behentrimonium chloride. It is not a sulfate.close
- Castor oil
- is a vegetable oil obtained from the castor bean. Castor oil was called the Palma Christi or the .Hand of Christ.. It is known to be effective for many diverse types of pain, liver and gallbladder stimulation and cleansing/detox, digestive problems, lacerations, skin disorders such as eczema or psoriasis, menopause symptoms, to boost the immune system, as an emollient and skin softener.close
- is a natural wax derived from the leaves of a plant native to northeastern Brazil, the carnauba palm (Copernicia prunifera). It is known as "queen of waxes."close
- Cetyl alcohol
- An emollient and secondary emulsifier, is derived from naturally occurring fatty acids from coconut oil. An emollient, this plant extract has soothing and calming properties for tender, sensitive or delicate skin types.close
- is found in citronella oils and rose or geranium. It is a natural fragrance and repels insects.close
- is extracted from several plants, such as tonka beans and sweet clover and widely used in perfumes. It has a light, clean fragrance.close
- Citric acid
- is a naturally derived ph adjuster. It is commonly used to help preserve cosmetics, food & beverages. close
- Sodium sweetalmondamphoacetate
- is the ultra-mild ingredient made from sweet almonds and is one of the superior sudsing ingredients in of our cleansers and shampoo formulations.close
- Geranium Oil
- has a delightfully fresh scent and is widely grown in Spain, Morocco, Egypt and Italy. It can be used on all skin types, especially those with sensitivities or eczema.close
- is non irritating humectant used in shampoos and hair conditioners. This plant derived moisturizer is used on sensitive skin or to help alleviate eczema in creams or lotions.close
- Gluten Free Jojoba Protein
- The name "jojoba" originated with the O'odham people of the Sonoran Desert in the U.S.. It has been used to treat burns & restore smoothness to hair & skin. It's non-greasy & excellent as a strengthening treatment for dry hair & skin.close
- Jojoba oil
- is from the seeds of the desert shrub, simmondsia chinensis. Jojoba is a unique natural oil that is a stable super-fine liquid wax. it does not go rancid, as do all other vegetable oils. Sonora Desert native inhabitants have used the oil for skin salves, medicinal preparations and hairdressings for centuries. It is a elegant feeling wax ester and helps to reduce water loss from skin tissue. It has been shown to be effective in treating many types of psoriasis.close
- also called, Adeps Lanae, is a substance from wool-bearing animals, acts as a skin ointment and pomade for hair. It is also used as a skin protectant. Sheep are not harmed in any way in extracting lanolin from wool.close
- Macadamia oil
- is cold-pressed oil from the nuts of macadamia trees. Macadamia oil is the 'creme de la creme' of nut oils. It is similar to our own natural oils, and helps retain moisture loss, giving the skin and hair a silky luxurious feel.close
- Organic Cranberry
- organic cranberry extract & cranberry seed oil rich in vitamin E as well as other important antioxidants. Studies have found that cranberry has the highest amount of tocotrienols which are effective in helping to protect against the harmful effects of sunlight. It is used as an anti-inflammatory & non-greasy moisturizer. It is also used to strengthen hair & heal the scalp. Excellent to clear blemishes & hydrate dry or sensitive skin types.close
- Palmitic acid
- or hexadecanoic acid, is one of the most common saturated fatty acids found in plants. As its name indicates, it is a major component of the oil from palm trees (palm oil and palm kernel oil).close
- Panthenol (pro Vitamin B5)
- is effective in the treatment of irritated and sensitive skin. It leaves the skin feeling velvety and smooth.close
- Safflower Oil
- is derived from a Eurasian plant (Carthamus tinctorius) of the composite family, having heads of orange flowers that yield seeds containing an oil used in cooking, cosmetics and medicine. It is a superior natural moisturizer providing relief from dryness, itching and other skin conditions due to moisture loss.close
- Shea butter
- Shea butter originates from the Karite Nut tree, also called the Mangifolia tree, found in the semi-arid savannahs of West and Central Africa. The women of West Africa have been using Shea butter for centuries. The Karite Nut tree, which can live for 300 years, is often dubbed the .tree of life. by African women who make this precious butter by hand. Almost all parts of the tree have some practical use. The bark is an ingredient in traditional medicines against certain childhood illnesses and minor scrapes and cuts. The shell of the nuts can repel mosquitoes. Above all, because it is completely non-toxic and gentle, the fruity part of the nut, when crushed, yields a vegetable oil that can be used in soap-making, cooking, and skin and hair care products. It has a proven biological activity in humans and has been used as a natural alternative to corticosteroid ointments. It is ideal for use on dry or fragile skins and is suitable for those with skin sensitivities such as dermatitis or psoriasis. It is anti-inflammatory and leaves the skin more supple, less flaccid, less wrinkled and soft.close
- Nanoparticle Free Zinc Oxide
- zinc is an anti-inflammatory that is used to heal wounds, acts as an astringent & helps treat acne. Zinc oxide provides superior protection against UVB, long wave UVA & short wave UVA radiation. It is the only ingredient that protects against all three types of radiation. Zinc helps to heal acne blemishes, reduce inflammation & reduce breakouts. In addition, zinc also helps relieve skin irritation, rashes & itching.close
- is by far the most suitable humectant (able to attract water to themselves) for use in products to be left on the skin, such as moisturizers. It is light and non-sticky, and not so strong in attracting moisture to itself that it draws moisture out of the deep layers of the skin. It is a naturally occurring ingredient found in many edible fruits and berries, corn, even seaweed. close
- Stearic Acid
- one of the most common long-chain fatty acids derived from vegetable oils. It is commonly used as a moisturizer in hair and skin care products due to it's effectiveness as a superior emollient. close
- Sucrose stearate
- is a gentle emulsifier made from sugar beet and palm kernel oils. Due to its mildness and affinity to the skin, this valuable emulsifier is used in high quality hair and skin care products.close
- Tocopheryl acetate
- also known as vitamin E, is a natural oil that helps sooth irritation, speed healing & provides relief from itching. Dermatologists commonly recommend the use of vitamin E. Anti-aging products can contain vitamin E to help soften skin & reduce the appearance of facial lines & wrinkles. close